Howdy All, a few Interesting Items for your information. Enjoy –
In this issue:
- Tweets. Just when you think it is a nice, quiet weekend, President Trump pulls the pin of a grenade and rolls it into the body politic where it goes off and all Hell breaks loose. Such was the case at 5: 27 AM July 14 when he loosed a three Tweet barrage on the Squad of House freshmen democrats. The exact verbiage of the Tweets follows:
So interesting to see “Progressive Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly …..
….. and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. The come back and show us how …..
….. it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough. I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!
The political carnage was glorious to behold, with the entire democrat and media establishment along with no small number of horrified Republicans joining into the fun, all with the charge that Trump was racist (more on this in a following section), going after Representatives Ilhan Omar (D, MN), Rashida Tlaib (D, MI), Alexandria Ocasio – Cortez (D, NY) and Ayanna Pressley (D, MA) for their anti-American hatred and bigotry. Telling someone to go home is as American as apple pie. I have been hearing it since the early 1970s. Here in Alaska, the way to rank yourself against your neighbor is by how long you have been in state. Of the 4, Omar is a naturalized citizen originally from Somalia. Cortez is second generation with a parent from Puerto Rico. Tlaib is a second-generation Palestinian who wrapped herself in the Palestinian flag after her election in 2018. Pressley is more interested in being a black separatist than anything else, as she has Michelle O’Bama’s angry black woman schtick down cold.
- Politics. So, what is really going on with all of this? Trump is attempting to drive democrats together and make the Squad of Harridans the face of the democrat party for the next year and a half. While he may not be an experienced politician, he is an expert on the media, and is playing them like a Stradivarius. Trump is throwing their words and positions right back at them. He had a raucous rally in NC midweek, where he gleefully continued to go after them. The crowd broke into a chant of “send them home” for 13 seconds which the media grabbed to continue their assault on Trump. He managed to bait the squad into responding with a really “interesting” press conference. Rep. Al Green (D, TX) brought articles of impeachment to the floor of the House where they were tabled with a 332 – 95 vote. By week’s end, it was clear that Trump had won the point, forcing every single democrat to defend, protect and apologize for the Squad, effectively turning them into the face of their party for the foreseeable future. The best description of this was a meme making the rounds that states “A friend has figured it all out. Here’s what she opined: Twitter is Trump’s laser pointer and Democrats (and their media enablers) are all cats.” This is what fighting back is all about. This is why Trump was elected, because he is a bare knuckled brawler. It is why the Republican establishment hates him. It is why he terrifies the democrats. It is also why he is winning.
- Racist. Predictably, the Squad members responded by calling Trump and his Tweets racist. Their thought process is that any criticism of a freshmen member of congress is racist, especially if they are self-described “women of color”, something they made sure everyone knew. As the week continued, the accusation of Trump racism was deafening, consistent, and unrelenting. And the never-Trumpers joined right on in the fun. Racism has been the 20-megaton nuke used by the political left for decades. Unfortunately like all large caliber weapons, the more you use it, the less effective it becomes, kind of like drug use. Over time, you have to use more of it to get the same impact. And democrats have been using it early and often, most recently on one another – the Squad vs Pelosi a week ago, Kamala Harris using it on Joe Biden during the debate a couple weeks ago. Trump was never a racist until he decided to run for president. There is a photo of a young Trump, with Mohammed Ali and Rosa Parks as he was given a racial unity award decades ago. Scott Adams believes that Trump may be on the verge of defanging the racism weapon, that the charges while constant and loud, aren’t carrying the same weight or power that they once did, which is a positive development for all of us.
- Diversity. The Women’s National Soccer Team calls itself an inclusive, caring, diverse operation. But they are not all that diverse. A year ago, one of the best young players in the US, Jalene Hinkle was called up to the team to play with them for the summer. She found out that the team would be wearing rainbow uniforms to celebrate LGBTQWTF and declined the invitation as a practicing Christian. She was not invited back afterwards. Not being content with freezing her off the squad, team member Ashlyn Harris, also a LGBTQWTF took the opportunity to rip Hinkle for being intolerant and homophobic. She went on to say “… our team is about inclusion. Your religion was never the problem. The problem is your intolerance, and you are homophobic. You don’t belong in a sport that aims to unite and bring people together. You would never fit into our pack or what this team stands for.” Apparently inclusion in the LGBTQWTF world these days excludes Christians. And the women’s soccer team doesn’t stand for competitive excellence, but for lockstep enforcement demanding continuous celebration of LGBTQWTF lifestyle choices.
- Slaves. One of the cottage industries in the race baiting wars in recent years has been for reporters to trace genealogy of candidates back long enough to find whether or not they had slave holders in their backgrounds. This is a bit like the old Jim Crow game of finding black blood in the lineage of people who were claiming to be white and after doing do, discarding their legitimacy. Interestingly enough, it all comes from the same side of the political fence – democrats. A week or so ago, someone figured out that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (D, KY) had a slaveowner in his background, shoved a microphone in his face and asked the question. McConnell smiled, laughed, and acknowledged his heritage, which puts him and former President Barack O’Bama in the same boat. Similarly, democrat Presidential candidate Kamala Harris (D, CA) also has some of this from her father’s side of the family in Jamaica. Given that slavery was a fundamental economic condition in humanity up to 200 years or so ago, I expect anyone (everyone) can be tracked back to one or the other. Better yet, anyone who is a Muslim is practicing a religion that still takes, buys and sells slaves in the Middle East and Africa. Right now. Today. I don’t expect that question to be asked of any members of the Religion of Continuous Outrage any time soon.
- Census. Looks like the Trump administration has an alternate approach to the citizenship question, that of querying various federal databases to extract the data. President Trump issued an executive order last week ordering every department and agency to provide Commerce with all data on the number of citizens and noncitizens in the country. Expect the majority of the information to come from Social Security. At the same time, they will continue to pursue the court case. Polling on this has the majority of all races supporting the citizenship question. Leftist opposition and lawfare is going to put the federal courts in a very difficult position. Best guess is that there are perhaps 15 congressional seats and Electoral Votes that will change due to resolution of this question.
- Gisbon’s. Gibson’s Bakery was awarded $6.5 million in attorney’s fees and expenses last week, giving them a total award of almost $32 million. For their part, looks like Oberlin College is still in complete denial about what took place and why. They are expected to appeal to every possible superior court in Ohio, stretching out the festivities for another 3 – 5 years. Large court awards in Ohio start a clock that pays post-judgment interest of 5% on any award during the time between when it was awarded to when it is finally paid. In this case, Oberlin is on the hook for nearly $4,400/day. Oberlin doesn’t want Gibson’s to get paid by seizing bank accounts, buildings, equipment, property, etc. The next court fight will be over the requirement for Oberlin to post a bond while the case winds its way through the appeals process. Oberlin obviously doesn’t want to post one, as they think they can simply wait the Gibson’s out by slow-rolling the process. The Gibson’s legal team knows the game and is arguing for a bond. Oberlin has brought this on themselves with their promise to continue the appeal to the Ohio Supreme Court. Bond writers do not want to take any risk, so any bond posted on this judgment will require liquid assets equivalent to the total judgment against Oberlin. Stay tuned.
- Ryan. Former House Speaker Paul Ryan is quoted in a book by Tim Alberta as continuing his private criticism of President Trump in public. Ryan took particular offense at Trump’s pot shots at Stormy Daniels and her mouthpiece Michael Avenatti. Ryan talked about his frustration with Trump, claiming he didn’t know anything about government, wanting to scold him all the time. Ryan showed himself singularly unable to help Trump pursue his priorities, most infamously begging Trump not to veto the omnibus budget deal in return for wall funding. Ryan got his budget. Trump never got his wall money, something he never forgot. Ryan was one of the beltway Republicans (along with both of Alaska’s US Senators) that abandoned Trump after the Access Hollywood video was released in October 2016. Always the counterpuncher, Trump went after Ryan last week following release of details of Ryan’s criticism in the soon to be published book. He ripped Ryan in several statements and Tweets last Thursday. Not wanting to be ignored, Mittens Romney (D, UT), jumped into the food fight with a stirring defense of Ryan. OF course, if Mittens had ever fought this hard against O’Bama, he might have become president.
More later –