Interesting Items 12/19 -
Howdy all, a few Interesting Items for your information. Enjoy –
In this issue:
1. 74 Questions
4. Bering Sea
1. 74 Questions. As an old rocker, I enjoyed an old Seatrain song from the early 1970s called 19 Questions. The Trump transition team has their own list of questions for the outgoing Obama regime. In the case of the Department of (No)Energy, the questions number 74. A copy of the list was leaked to the climate skeptic world a week and a half ago. The leak was in image form, meaning that the media did not want to make it easy for anyone to see what was being asked. But technology is a powerful tool and with the right OCR software, it is possible to convert the image into characters and manipulate them. Willis Eschenbach at WWUT uploaded the list of questions along with commentary on what they were asking and why. The comment thread blew up nicely and is well worth your while to spend a while working your way through. The bottom line impression of what the Trump team (train?) is asking DoE is that they know what they are doing. The questions were well crafted, cogent and pointed. They are asking DoE to tell them what they are doing, what statutory authority they have to do it, and provide statutory justification for what they are doing. They are asking the various labs for lists of publications over the last three years. Looks like they are pro-nuclear, laying the groundwork for opening Yucca Mountain nuclear waste depository, rescuing it from the anti-nuclear purgatory it was banished to by Obama, Reid and Markey. They also asked a bunch of questions about participation and involvement in various manmade global warming due to CO2 emissions groups, meetings, panels, etc. It was these questions that got the DoE Secretary Moritz to order his people not to cooperate with the transition team. This refusal led to a brief kerfuffle with much huffing, puffing, rending of clothing over the notion their (unobserved over the last eight years) scientific integrity would be challenged. It also self-identified government employees who refused to cooperate with the incoming Trumpsters. There were questions about loan guarantees for electric vehicles, wind farms, offshore wind, and the state of existing facilities. They asked questions about participation in the social cost of carbon meetings. These are meetings designed to ratchet up the anti-CO2 scaremongering to the point where they can get away with doing anything they want to do. All in all, an excellent group of questions. And given that Trump’s nominee for the next DoE Secretary is former Texas Governor Rick Perry who famously listed DoE as an agency he would most like to shut down, I can’t wait for the festivities to begin a month from today. Once the scientists started complaining about the depth and intrusiveness of the questions, the Trump transition team released a statement that the questions were not really asked of the Department and the person who wrote them up and leaked them to the media was disciplined. No names were given. I don’t believe for a second that this list of questions is not real. Instead, I think it mirrors lists of questions given to every single department and agency in the Obama Executive Branch that has his appointees and hires starting to sweat. If they refuse to respond, they self-identify as targets for the impending RIF. If they weasel their response or lie, they also self-identify. Like dealing with the IRS or any auditor, the only possible, acceptable response is a full and complete truth telling. Anything less is professional Seppuku. https://wattsupwiththat.com/2016/12/10/the-doe-vs-ugly-reality/
2. Hacking. Latest manifestation of Hillary’s “not my fault” lack of responsibility for her role in losing the election is an orchestrated effort to blame Russian hacking for her loss. As of this writing, all the usual suspects have chimed in, and they are singing in unison. The surrender caucus of Lindsay Gramnesty and John McCain found their way in front of friendly cameras demanding and promising investigations of the hack. But as with all orchestrated, scripted democrat reality shows, this one has little to do with the world as we know it or even reality. As it turns out, the leaked DNC e-mails to Wikileaks came from a DNC insider who was a Bernie Sanders supporter upset at the DNC working hand in hand with the Hillary campaign to steal the nomination. The Hillary campaign itself started the Russian hacking story last summer as a vehicle to deflect attention from her server. Finally, John Podesta’s e-mails were hacked when he responded to a phishing e-mail by clicking on a link he shouldn’t have clicked, perhaps one promising to let him look at what Mary Ann from Gilligan’s island looks like today; you won’t believe it!. Obama himself got into the act at his last press conference Friday. When they are all saying the same thing, they are lying if for no other reason than their lips are moving. http://hotair.com/archives/2016/12/15/wikileaks-source-the-emails-came-f...
3. Michigan. Sometimes good things fall out of typical democrat political foolishness. And we have two pieces of good news out of Green Party candidate Jill Stein’s recount of Michigan votes in the election. One is the discovery that 37% of Detroit precincts had more votes cast than registered voters. Hillary won Wayne County over Trump by a 67% to 30% margin. State officials in Michigan are planning to examine 20 Detroit precincts where ballot boxes opened during the recount had fewer ballots than poll workers recorded on Election Day. And I guarantee that none of the discrepancies were in favor of Donald Trump. The second was passage of voter ID legislation by the Michigan legislature. Given that the governor is a Republican, it is a safe bet that it will be signed into law. I think cleaning up voting in the leftist cesspools that are the blue cities will be a hugely rewarding task. If the stuff that the democrats is peddling is so darned good, why do they have cheat? http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/12/voter-fraud-michigan-recount-unc...
4. Bering Sea. The most recent Mad Duck present from the Obama regime to Alaska was an Executive Order locking up 40,000 square miles of Bering Strait area waters to future oil leases and requiring the feds to set up a system for increasing the input of Alaska natives for their input. The native claim is that they want a greater voice so as to protect the waters that are central for their subsistence lifestyle. Of course, their subsistence way of live abruptly ended the moment the first welfare check arrived in the villages. The EO closely mirrors requests from the Association of Village Council Presidents, Kawerak, Inc. and the Bering Sea Elders Group. In this EO, the Obama regime claims to stand with natives in opposition to oil and natural gas development like it has done in opposition to the North Dakota pipeline. The native groups here in AK were tired of opposing oil and gas lease sales in the Arctic and Bering Seas every five years for the rest of their lives. The EO also set up what they called the Northern Bering Sea Climate Resilience Area, a 112,300-square mile area to the south of the newly off limits lease sale area. Here, a task force of outsiders will pander to local native elders by helping “…coordinate federal activities focusing on a locally-tailored collection of protections related to oil and gas, shipping and fishing.” The goal is to conserve natural resources and a subsistence culture for over 40 Yupik and Inupiaq tribal organizations in the area. Of course, both the State of Alaska and the Alaska Congressional Delegation were left completely out of the festivities, as the Obama WH pandered directly to and with Alaska Native separatist and green groups to roll this trash out. Governor Walker mealy-mouthed his response couching it in concern for oil and gas jobs. Perhaps he wants new targets for state lawsuits and threats. As usual native opposition to development in the Arctic is tied entirely to who is going to write the largest check to the villages, though it is normally couched in all the usual verbiage about respect for the environment, resources and subsistence way of life. Greens are not very happy that the deed was done via EO rather than using the Antiquities Act and creating a new National Monument for the entire western part of Alaska. Should the Obama WH believe this is finished, the EO can be undone by President Elect Trump with yet another stroke of his pen. OTOH, if they choose to go the next step and create a new National Monument, undoing it will be a bit more difficult, though perhaps not as difficult as they believe, for all that is necessary is the feds not defend the creation in court and the challengers get a summary judgement. https://www.adn.com/politics/2016/12/09/obama-offers-parting-protections...
5. Elector. Dallas, Texas faithless elector Chris Suprun had his 15 minutes of fame last week after a piece in the NYT calling for other Trump electors to vote for someone other than who they took an oath of office to vote for. Suprun was the centerpiece of the Soros and Hillary funded assault on Trump pledged electors to vote for someone other than Trump. An investigation into his background discovered that he is a stolen valor kind of guy, claiming to have been an EMT working in VA on 9/11 when in fact he was a member of the Dale City, VA fire department. They have no record of him and did not participate in any of the response to the Pentagon attack. Suprun promised to vote to John Kasich rather than Trump. His actions triggered legislation in Texas to remove the faithless option from electors. This guy is probably not even a Republican, meaning that the Texas Republican Party needs to be a bit more careful about whom they elect to positions of responsibility in the future. Here in Alaska, our three electors were hit with over 10,000 e-mails a day demanding they change their voting choice. A Hillary voter in Alaska filed a lawsuit in federal court claiming that Alaska electors voting for Trump would disenfranchise her vote. As of this writing, it does not appear that any of this last-minute foolishness will have much of an impact on anything going on up here. http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2016/12/19/texas-faithless-elector-says-w...
6. Disney. Former Disney IT workers filed a lawsuit against Disney claiming that American workers are being discriminated against in favor of hiring H-1B visa workers from overseas. January 2015 nearly 250 Disney IT people were fired, most of them forced to train their H-1B replacements in return for their contractual severance packages. 30 of these filed a class action suit in UD District Court of Orlando. The lawsuit claims that Disney discriminated against them based on their nation of origin and race, as all of them were replaced with Indian nationals. Disney’s lawyer claimed that the case would be summarily dismissed like the other two lawsuits filed after the firings. This is going to be a lot of fun, especially if the IT guys’ lawyers are smart enough to tap into the Obama race-baiting disparate impact vehicle. Remember that disparate impact is the vehicle created by the Obama regime that allows them to call anything which impacts a minority more than anyone else as discrimination whether it exists or not. If fatherless young blacks use more drugs, commit more crimes and are more violent than those who aren’t black, it is by definition discrimination by the police, sheriffs, state troopers, etc.; anyone, everyone other than the people doing the actual criminal activity. I think the Obama regime weaponized the racial discrimination business and it is long past time for the white guys to start returning fire for effect. http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/12/14/disney-it-workers-file-lawsuit-...
More later -