Interesting Items 1/17-
Howdy all, a few Interesting Items for your information. Enjoy -
In this issue:
1. Blood Libel
5. NYC Abortions
1. Blood Libel. 20 people were shot at a congressional meet and greet at a local Safeway in Tucson on Jan. 8, with six killed. Among those shot were a 9-year old girl, a democrat congresswoman and a sitting Federal Judge. The girl and the judge were among the dead. The congresswoman is alive and responding well to treatment. The shooter appears to be a guy who essentially dropped out of life due to untreated mental illness. Yet the writings and statements he made over the years documented his path to personal and assisted destruction for years. He ends up being what one would expect from decades of non-judgmental, non-religious, and leftist social policy. He was ejected from community college due to a number of bizzarro outbursts that scared a lot of people. He and the Pima County Sheriff’s Department apparently knew one another pretty well, as he was stopped on the morning of the shootings and was released on his own recognizance. After the shooting, his parents clammed up completely and were not hounded by local or national media, something that interests me a lot, as media silence in the face of a tragedy is always an indication that they have something inconvenient to hide from a national audience. As of this writing, the congresswoman who got a bullet in the brain is alive, responding to treatment, and is moving arms and legs on command. It is the action of the state run / controlled media in the face of this event that was breathtaking to behold. The shooting took place on a Saturday. It only took the leftists in the media a few seconds to blame the event on conservatives, gun owners, hateful rhetoric, Sarah Palin, campaign maps, the TEA Parties, and constitutionalists nationwide. Essentially they did the same thing they have been doing for years - turning a tragedy into a weapon to use against their political opposition. And they used their newfound weapon to the hilt. Fortunately, the overused it. A lot. While the media and congressional democrats went into visceral overdrive Placing the Blame on conservatives, most of the rest of the nation blamed the perp. The story being foisted by the media and democrats was that the shooting was politically motivated by right wing rhetoric and actions. But who can believe them? They lied about Lee Harvey Oswald nearly 50 years ago, who was a self-described Marxist, sucking up to Castro when he shot JFK. They described him as the product of right wing hate in Texas against JFK. And it was all a lie. Over two generations later, the same sorts of lies persist. Fortunately, they did not work this time around. It only took a day or so for the leftist blame game to target Sarah Palin. Unfortunately for them, she returned fire in a devastating eight-minute video online. As the week wore on, the Obama WH completed their poling and crafted the right response for The One, which was to decry the hateful tone, rhetoric and combative language of current political discourse. We all have to be careful when the Left starts whining about political language, as it normally means they are losing their collective backsides in the political wars. And it is the case this time around. This will continue for a while, but at this writing, it appears they have overplayed their hand, and are blaming things that have absolutely nothing to do with a single mentally ill bozo with a gun, because they would rather do something about the political right, the gun and the rhetoric than they would do about the mentally ill they allow (celebrate?) to continue to wander around the cities of America.
2. Loughner. The perp in the shooting left a lot of clues in social media that he had some real problems. These include videos and comments on various Facebook locations. He was an active kind of guy in the new online world. He was also a psycho, as his friends related numerous instances that he scared him to death with what he did, what he said, and what asked. For the religious, he rejected God, who may have been the only entity with the strength and the grace to help him control his illness. He got no assistance from his occult shrine in his back yard or from his parents. Someday, somehow, we will have to figure out how to provide decent, loving care for the mentally ill that the ACLU has forced to be released from the mental institutions onto the streets of the nation over the last few decades.
3. Dupnik. The local law enforcement mouthpiece during this event was one Clarence Dupnik. He is yet another septuagenarian democrat â€œLaw enforcementâ€ official. In Pima County, AZ, he is most famous for turning law enforcement over the last few decades into a politically correct cesspool. With a loud and in-your-face sense of self-righteousness, Dupnik took to the national microphones starting Saturday of the shootings blaming everything but the kitchen sink on the event. This included but was not limited to Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh, TEA Party activists, political right, etc. To Dupnik as a committed leftist, this was perfectly acceptable, and he had a great time making the rounds of the cable shows blaming everything on the political right. One may wonder why a the chief law enforcement official in Pima County would be out in front of the cameras, running his mouth, rather than at work investigating the crime. One possible answer is that he is covering his backside. As the week passed, stories surfaced that Loughner and local law enforcement had numerous contacts over time. Dupnik refused to release records of those contacts until late last week. The other thing he has managed to do by getting in front of the cameras is to help the perp’s legal defense by giving them tings to hide behind during trial. Maybe this is intentional. Maybe not. What we do know it that Loughner’s parents reportedly hired the lawyer who defended Unibomber Ted Kaczynski. Expect this to be a long and ugly trial; one that has not been helped out by Dupnik.
4. Pawlenty. Former MN Governor Tim Pawlenty reminded conservatives of the media and democrat assault on him and his office after the collapse of an Interstate Highway bridge in 2007. Local democrats almost instantly got in front of television cameras blaming the collapse and loss of life on Pawlenty’s budget cuts. The state run media picked up the democrat talking points and ran with the story for months. But these talking points had nothing to do with reality. The bridge collapsed due to a basic structural design flaw when it was built in the 1960s. The flaw came to light when a similar bridge in Ohio was inspected and repaired following the collapse. The learning point here is that the political left - democrats and media - will use anything, literally anything - to make political hay and to gain political advantage. Their reaction last week is something they have been doing for over half a century.
5. NYC Abortions. Pundette, writing in Hot Air, Mon. passed along a story about abortions in NYC in 2009. According to the NYC Health department, the abortion rate citywide is 41% of all pregnancies. The majority of women were in their 30’s and 40’s. The abortion rate in the black community was around 60%, a number which will make the followers of Margaret Sanger currently running Planned Parenthood quite happy, as they are working toward their goal of ridding NYC of â€œundesirables.â€ Planned Parenthood took over $360 million from the feds last year for performing this â€œserviceâ€ to mothers who did not want their babies. It would appear to be a fine place to start budget cutting, as the more babies they kill, the more money they get from the taxpayers. I don’t think this is a positive sigh. You can read more about the story here: http://hotair.com/archives/2011/01/09/nyc-a-dangerous-place-for-the-unborn/
More later -